Holiday baking that is allergy friendly! These Chewy Molasses Cookies are AIP approved – paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and vegan too!
- 1 1/2 cups tigernut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin* (sub in flax meal for vegan option)
- 3 Tablespoons water, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in 1 Tablespoon cold water. Once dissolved, add in remaining 2 Tablespoons of boiling water and beat until frothy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together gelatin egg, coconut sugar, coconut oil and molasses.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop and scoop dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
*You can sub an egg in place of the gelatin egg, but add an extra 1/4 cup of tigernut flour and bake the full 14 minutes.
Keywords: molasses, cookies, holiday, christmas, christmas cookies