Charred corn gives this simple salsa a sweet and intensely smoky flavor. And it is loaded with colorful veggies – perfect for you next cookout.
GAH! I am so excited for this weekend. Here’s why:
- My mom is in town!!
- We’re going to get a drink after work today at Green River and are having dinner at Crio. P.S. If you live in Chicago and haven’t been to either of these places, you must! In fact, let me know when you’re going and I’ll meet you there 😉
- She’s agreed to go to a pilates class with me before heading to the Green City Market on Saturday morning.
- My sister Katie is coming into town Sunday morning and will be hanging in Chicago for part of the week! This will be her first time seeing our condo and we’ve lived there over a year… better late than never!
- And Sunday is the Pride parade!
I know that’s a lot of exclamation points, but you guys… did you see all that is happening this weekend?!
Pat and I moved to Boystown a few years ago and bought a condo last year that is right along the parade route. Literally right along the route – we’re on the third floor and can sit on our balcony and watch the parade. #winning
We were out of town last year, but came home to a balcony covered in glitter. So to say that I’m excited for the parade is most certainly an understatement.
Of course, I am already thinking about what we will be eating during the parade. This makes sense because (1) I’m obsessed with food and love a good themed party and (2) we will barely be able to get out of our building on Sunday because they are expecting crowds of up to 1 million (yes 1 MILLION!) people along the parade route.
We will undoubtedly be eating Mexican food. I could literally eat Mexican all day err-day. And this charred corn salsa will be on the menu! I’ve made this twice in the last week – once on Father’s Day where I served it as a salad. And again as a salsa for a summer solstice gathering with our neighbors.
Plus it is perfect for Pride – just look, it has (almost) all the colors of the flag!
Is anyone else in Chicago coming out for the Pride Parade this weekend?
Get out your grill this weekend and make this Charred Corn Salsa – you will not regret it! Don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
- 2 ears corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Char your ears of corn on the grill or over your gas stovetop. Once cool, cut corn off ear.
- Combine corn, black beans, jalapeno, red onion, bell pepper, and cilantro in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Eat as a salad or with your favorite tortilla chips!
The colors of summer.
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!