Bite sized and packed with flavor, these brussels sprouts and bacon skewers are easy to put together and the perfect appetizer for your holiday party!
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 pound bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare brussels sprouts: trim outer leaves and halve. If your sprouts are larger, you can quarter to make them even in size. Place in a bowl.
- Prepare bacon: cut bacon into squares – approximately 1 inch by 1 inch. Fry bacon until done, but not crispy. Set on a paper towel to absorb excess fat.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat to the brussels sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Place brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Allow brussels sprouts to cool slightly and using a toothpick, skewer one half of a sprout, one piece of bacon, and another half of sprout.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: brussels sprout, bacon, appetizer, holiday, thanksgiving