- 1 stick butter (4 oz), plus extra for pan
- 1 bag (10 oz) marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Butter an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, it will foam, then turn clear golden and then start to brown and smell nutty. Make sure to keep eye on the pot; the period between the time the butter begins to take on color and the point where it burns is often less than a minute.
- Turn off the heat and add in the marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the cereal and mix until coated. Press into square pan and let harden.