Made with an almond, cashew and coconut crust, a cashew butter caramel, and topped with fresh blueberries, these blueberry and cashew butter birthday bars are the best way to say Happy Birthday to me!
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
For the cashew butter caramel:
- 3/4 cup salted vanilla cashew butter (or any cashew butter)
- 1 cup medjool dates ~ 8 dates (pitted and soaked in hot water for 30 minutes if needed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy pinch of fine sea salt
For the topping:
- fresh blueberries
- roasted and salted cashews
- Flaked coconut
- Make the crust: In a food processor fitted with the S blade, pulse together the almonds, cashews, shredded coconut, and sea salt into a fine meal. Add the dates and 1 tablespoon of the almond milk, and process just until combined. Press the mixture between your fingers to make sure it sticks together. If it doesn’t, add an additional tablespoon of almond milk and process until combined.
- Press crust into a parchment lined bread pan. Set aside.
- Make the cashew butter caramel: In a food processor, blend the cashew butter, dates, almond milk, and sea salt on high speed until smooth and creamy; about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the cashew butter caramel over the crust. Top with blueberries, roasted cashews and coconut flakes, pressing the ingredients into the caramel.
- Chill bars in the freezer for 8 hours. When you’re ready to serve, use a sharp knife and quickly slice through the bars. Once sliced, let the bars thaw for 5 minutes so the blueberries have some time to soften.
- Keep frozen in an airtight container!
Keywords: no bake, raw, blueberry