For the Salmon Burgers:
- 1 pound salmon, cut into pieces and processed until ground
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Mango-Jalapeno Salsa:
- 1 yellow mango, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced red onion
- Juice of 1/2 lime
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce from can
Extras: Pretzel buns, avocado, red onions, and any other toppings you want!
- Start by making your salsa. Combine chopped mango, jalapeno, and red onion in bowl. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cut raw salmon into large chunks (1-2 inches square) and place in food processor. Pulse until salmon resembles the consistency of ground beef.
- Place salmon in a bowl and add Panko, parmesan, and olive oil. Stir with a large spoon until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Shape into 4 small or 2 large patties.
- Mix brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl. Liberally cover both sides of the salmon burgers.
- Heat large skillet with remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side. Be careful when you flip the patties – they are delicate.
- As the salmon burgers are cooking, make your chipotle mayo. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, finely chopped chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce, stirring well to combine.
- Assemble your burgers – mine stacked up like this: pretzel bun, smashed avocado, mango-jalapeno salsa, chipotle mayo, pretzel bun. YUM.