These Whole30 breakfast sausages served in an easy breakfast bowl are a simple and scrumptious way to start your day! All you need is 10 minutes and your breakfast will be loaded with flavor and will keep you full for hours!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 dried thyme
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and use your hands to combine. Once all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated, divide into 8 patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium (I used my cast iron), and add a drizzle of olive oil.*
- Add sausage patties to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until done.
- Serve in a breakfast bowl with your favorite goodies – sauteed kale, steamed sweet potato, a fried egg, and avocado!
*The pork I used had enough fat for me to skip the olive oil. But if you switch out the meat or combine meats, I suggest adding a teaspoon to the bottom to keep the sausages from sticking.
Keywords: breakfast sausage, pork sausage, whole30