Breaded and oven baked, these baked zucchini chips taste like they’re fried; and with a nice crisp, they are a great alternative to a bag of potato chips!
For the Chips:
- 2 large zucchini, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/3 cup gluten free panko
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
For the Lemon Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a cookie rack with avocado oil spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Slice zucchini into 1/8 inch thick rounds (a mandolin works great for this!). Place rounds on a paper towel, sprinkle with salt, and let the zucchini sit and release its moisture for a few minutes. Cover zucchini with another towel and press to remove water.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine panko, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Dip the zucchini rounds into the panko mixture to cover all sides. Place rounds on the oil sprayed cookie rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- As the chips are baking, make the lemon yogurt sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- When the chips are golden brown and crispy, remove from the oven and enjoy!
If you have a convection oven, use it! I find that the zucchini chips crisp up better on convection. Just make sure to turn the oven down to 425 degrees.
Feel free to swap out the Greek yogurt for your favorite dairy or dairy free yogurt.
Keywords: snack, zucchini, baked zucchini