A fall inspired breakfast full of oats, almonds, apples, and good for you ingredients. Make this baked apple cinnamon oatmeal during your Sunday meal prep!
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almondmilk (I prefer Califia Farms.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil, cooled
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 Tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish. (You could also use an 8×8 in square baking dish.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chopped almonds, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Whisk together the almondmilk, applesauce, vanilla extract, egg, maple syrup, and coconut oil. It is important that all of these ingredients are at room temperature – you do not want the coconut oil to harden from the cold milk. Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the diced apple.
- Turn the mixture out into your baking dish. Transfer the oatmeal to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the oats are set – they should be spongy.
- Allow oats to cool slightly before serving.
- Store leftover in the fridge and reheat in the microwave with a splash of almondmilk!
Keywords: oatmeal, breakfast bake, apple