It’s still so weird to type out 2019. I have been writing 2018 all week, but I am determined to get it right by tomorrow. DETERMINED.
But before we totally abandon 2018, I would really appreciate if you took a few minutes to fill out my reader survey; it will help me create the content YOU want to see this year!
I am so excited that the January Whole30 started this week! Are you doing it?? This will be my third year in a row doing the Whole30 in January and it feels good to be back in the groove. I remember when I did my first round; it was truly transformative. I mean, it was hard. But the experience totally changed the way I view food and how I fuel my body with food. And it made me adopt a paleo diet (well, adopt it 90% of the time).
This year, things are just a little different for me. Due to other health issues, I will following the full Autoimmune Protocol; the AIP is essentially the same as Whole30 but with a few other restrictions. What does that mean for you?
Nothing. Every recipe that I will be sharing this month is not only Whole30 approved, but AIP approved too!
Now, let’s talk about this AIP CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE!
[/one_half] [one_half_last padding=”0 28px 0 5px”][/one_half_last]I made these sausages with ground chicken thighs. I prefer thighs over breasts because I think there is so much more flavor and have found the meat tends to stay juicier too. But if you prefer breasts, that will totally work. You do you.
All you need to do is combine the ground chicken with some diced apple (granny smith is my favorite!), fresh herbs, and salt. Pepper is inflammatory and not allowed on AIP, so I did not include any, but you can totally add in a teaspoon or two to the mix!
- If you are meal prepping, I suggest baking these on parchment for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then you can pan fry them as you are ready to eat!
- But if you are making them to eat immediately, they are better pan fried. Just add a little avocado or olive oil to a pan over medium heat and cook for about 6 minutes total, flipping halfway through.
I know you are going to love these! When you make this AIP Chicken Apple Sausage recipe, post a picture on social media, tag me and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature so that I can see!Print
- 2 pounds ground chicken thighs
- 2 cups finely chopped apple, about 1 large apple
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Form mixture into patties – mine made 14 in total.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until internal temp is 165.
- Pan fry to reheat/brown.
Make sure you pin this for later!
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!