Recipe from Joy the Baker’s Homemade Decadance
- 1 1/2 C smooth all-natural peanut butter, divided
- 2/3 C packed light brown sugar
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 C heavy cream
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1 cup of the peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pulse until blended. With the processor running, slowly stream in the milk. Transfer to a medium bowl and slowly stir in the cream.
- Churn the custard in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave until pourable, 10-15 seconds. Pour the peanut butter into the ice cream, and using a spatula, quickly stir by hand to swirl it in.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 hours before serving. Makes about 4 cups.