These raw peppermint cheesecake bites are perfect to bring to a holiday cookie exchange! Made with cashews and sweetened with dates, they’re the best bite-sized treat!
I first discovered the magic of raw desserts almost two years ago when I learned that you can soak cashews and blend them up with different flavors and turn them into literally anything. Hello Raw Raspberry Lemon Bars and Raw Margarita Cheesecake Bars, I’ve missed you.
Christmas cookies don’t traditionally fall into the ‘raw’ category, but we’re doing it today because these raw peppermint cheesecake bites are too delicious to pass up!
And because I spent much of the last two weeks in the hospital, I have not had time to do any actual holiday baking this year. But, I stashed these Raw Peppermint Cheesecake Bites in the fridge earlier this month and am thanking myself now!
Let’s make them!
First thing to do is make your chocolate shell – melted coconut oil is whisked together with maple syrup, salt and cacao powder and spooned into a silicone baking mold. This is the mold that I used, but you could also use mini muffin liners!
While the chocolate shell sets in the fridge, the peppermint cheesecake filling is made using a food processor or blender. Then all you have to do is spoon the cheesecake filling into the chocolate shells and top with crushed candy canes!
Super easy, crazy delicious, and a simple sweet treat to share with loved ones this holiday season!
I know you are going to LOVE these raw peppermint cheesecake bites!! When you make them, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature so that I can see!Print
For the chocolate shell:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, shaken well
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 drops Better Stevia Liquid, Peppermint Cookie
- 2 pitted dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- For the chocolate shell: melt the coconut oil and whisk in remaining ingredients until the texture resembles a smooth chocolate. Leave to cool until slightly warm.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon into each cavity of a silicone baking mold. I used this one – https://amzn.to/2qJa6Jk. Swirl around the mold until the chocolate coats all sides. You might need to brush the chocolate up the walls of each cavity. I used the end of a chopstick to do this.
- Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- While the chocolate sets, make your cheesecake filling. Combine all ingredients, except the crushed candy canes, in the basin of a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture evenly between cavities, smoothing the top, and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Place in freezer to set for two hours.
- Remove from mold and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Remove from freezer right before serving.
Looking for other holiday baking ideas? Here are a few of my favorites!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!