An easy and delicious recipe for paleo soft pretzels that is perfect for Sunday snacking! Don’t forget the vegan cheese dip – both are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free!
But there are a few that stick out in my mind as being really really good. The first is a cinnamon sugar pretzel from Auntie Anne’s at Ridgedale Mall. I guess Auntie Anne’s is probably located in every single mall, but mine was from Ridgedale and my best friend Lauren and I used to get them while shopping. It was warm and soft and sweet and the best treat!
The other was the giant soft pretzel my college friends and I used to get while drinking at the Milwaukee Brat House. It was served in a pizza box (that’s how big it was!) and it obviously came with cheese too. It was everything I wanted after drinking a few too many beers.
Since those days, I’ve missed out on a few too – the pretzels Pat ate during our trip to Prague and Austria last year made me more jealous than I’ve ever been!
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), the days of gluten-filled soft pretzels are no longer. But I have finally filled the giant void in my life…
PALEO SOFT PRETZELS WITH CHEESE DIP
Yep, that’s right! I cracked the code thanks to the help of Simple Mills pizza dough. And no this post isn’t sponsored by Simple Mills, but I have worked with them before and seriously LOVE their products.
In fact, the most difficult part of these paleo soft pretzels is actually shaping the dough into a pretzel shape. But you can thank Mr. Google for helping me with that one 😉
Oh and I also forgot – the cheese dip!
I used my vegan cheese sauce recipe and made just a few tweaks to punch up the cheese flavor and spice level a bit. But YOU DO YOU. Pat totally dunked his pretzels in honey mustard and I would be more than ok with you dipping these in the classic beer cheese dip.
I know you are going to die over these paleo soft pretzels!! When you make them, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature so that I can see!Print
For the soft pretzels:
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1 box Simple Mills pizza dough
- 1/8 cup almond flour*
- 1 egg
- Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
For cheese dip:
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup roasted cauliflower
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup stock
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. It should form a dough. If it is too sticky to roll out, add additional 1/8 cup almond flour.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long thin snake and form into a pretzel shape.
- Place on parchment and repeat until dough is gone.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with Trader Joe’s seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the pretzels bake, make your cheese dip. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until fully combine. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve!
Make sure to pin this recipe for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!