For the burgers:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 2 Tablespoons adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper
For the chipotle mayo:
- 1/4 cup Whole30 compliant mayo
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, egg, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well until combined. Form mixture into 6 even burger patties and set aside until you are ready to grill.
- Grill the burgers over medium to medium-high heat until they reach your desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
- While the burgers are cooking, make your chipotle mayo – mix Whole30 compliant mayo with the minced pepper until well combined.
- Remove burgers from the grill and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve in a lettuce wrap with the chipotle mayo and your favorite burger toppings – sliced avocado, fried plantain, and cucumber slices!