These sweet potato salmon tots are made with pantry staples, simple to whip up, and will please the pickiest (and youngest!) eaters. Serve in a lettuce cup, over a salad, or in a sandwich for the ultimate lunch!I am thrilled to be partnering (again!) in 2018 with Safe Catch. As always, all opinions are my own – and I seriously LOVE Safe Catch’s products and mission. Thank you for supporting Hungry by Nature and the brands that make it possible!
This could be a fall thing, a back-to-school thing, or just a fun food thing; but I am sooooper into foods that remind me of being a kid.
The latest example: tots.
SWEET POTATO SALMON TOTS to be specific.
Growing up, tater tots were the best; and my favorite day of the week was Wednesday. On Wednesdays, the cafeteria served chicken balls (yes, that was a thing and now I’m totally grossed out even thinking about it) and tater tots. It was fried food heaven.
Obviously my diet has changed a little since high school.
Now my tots look a little more like this:
- canned wild pink salmon
- extra veggies like sweet potato and green onions
- cassava flour… because I’m living that GF life
And I’m loving it!
Say goodbye to the days of fried food JUNK and hello to super clean, delicious, and healthy sweet potato salmon tots! Made with Safe Catch’s Alaskan Wild Pink Salmon, these tots are a fun snack to serve your kiddos or in my case – your inner kid!
For a chance to be featured, make these Sweet Potato Salmon Tots and post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature!Print
- 1 egg
- 2 cans Safe Catch Alaskan Wild Pink Salmon (no salt added)
- 1 small sweet potato, mashed – about 1/3 cup
- 1/8 cup cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (mine was about 2 Tablespoons), scoop mixture into hands and form into a tot. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!