Quick and easy chocolate tahini protein bites require simple ingredients and only 10 minutes of active prep time! Filled with wholesome ingredients like coconut flakes, dates, and tahini – these protein bites are as healthy as they are delicious!
These chocolate tahini protein bites are MY ENTIRE LIFE right now.
Like a few other favorite recipes of mine, including this chicken shawarma salad, I get in a habit of making them over and over and over because I love them so freaking much. And that is essentially much where I am at with these protein bites right now.
And you know what? I don’t hate it one bit.
Most of the energy bites/balls that you will find on my site use nuts as the base – typically cashews or pistachios – but not these. And don’t get me wrong, I love nuts! I started a granola company that literally is based on nuts.
But sometimes it’s nice to switch things up, you know?
The base of these chocolate tahini protein bites is coconut! And yes, technically coconut is a tree nut… but it’s different!! Just go with me.
THE BEST THINGS ABOUT CHOCOLATE TAHINI PROTEIN BITES:
- simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
- HEALHTY af.
- But not so healthy that they taste gross. Like good healthy.
- nutty without being nutty. thank you tahini 🙂
- protein packed!
I, of course, added protein powder to these bites because…. HELLO I love a little extra protein in my snacks and I’m really just obsessed with Nuzest Clean Lean Protein. If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you know that Nuzest is the only protein powder I buy. Its flavor is spot on; there is no chalkiness (yuck.); and I love it so much, I got a discount code for you to try it too!
I’m getting off to Colorado for a weekend with my mom and sisters. And I can 1000% guarantee you these will be packed in my carry on.
When you make these Chocolate Tahini Protein Bites, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 scoops Nuzest chocolate
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/8 cup cacao nibs
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 pitted dates
- Add everything to a food processor and process until a paste/ball forms.
- Scoops out bites – whatever size you want – onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I used a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop and got 13.
- Chill in the freezer until firm. And store in the freezer until you want to eat one!
Looking for other energy bites recipes?
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!