Made with an almond, cashew and coconut crust, a cashew butter caramel, and topped with fresh blueberries, these blueberry and cashew butter birthday bars are the best way to say Happy Birthday to me!
Today is my 30th birthday!
I was hoping to share some pearls of wisdom with you that I have learned over the last 3 decades, but I am coming up short.
So instead, I am just going to leave you with some blueberry and cashew butter birthday bars…
My twenties were pretty incredible. I met Pat – we dated, fell in love, got married. I moved to Chicago. I started this blog and pursued a passion for food that I didn’t even know I had. I launched my own food company. I traveled around the world.
It’s been really good.
But my twenties were also really hard. I lost my dad. I struggled to make friends as an adult. I was diagnosed with Celiacs. And I have not spent nearly as much time with my family as I would like.
I’m welcoming my thirties with open arms.
I really feel like I am in such a good place right now. I feel like I am right where I should be, doing exactly what I was made to do.
And I thank you. Thank you for reading this blog. Thank you for supporting me and buying my granola. Thank you for following along and for allowing me grace in all that I do. You make all of this worth it.
So, if I could leave you with one pearl of wisdom, let it be this:
You only get this one life. Chase your dreams. Face your fears. Take adventures. And spend time with the people you love.
Oh, and eat the damn cake.
A quick note on these bars: they are phenomenal and you absolutely need them in your life.
When you make these Blueberry and Cashew Butter Birthday Bars, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
For the cashew butter caramel:
- 3/4 cup salted vanilla cashew butter (or any cashew butter)
- 1 cup medjool dates ~ 8 dates (pitted and soaked in hot water for 30 minutes if needed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy pinch of fine sea salt
For the topping:
- fresh blueberries
- roasted and salted cashews
- Flaked coconut
- Make the crust: In a food processor fitted with the S blade, pulse together the almonds, cashews, shredded coconut, and sea salt into a fine meal. Add the dates and 1 tablespoon of the almond milk, and process just until combined. Press the mixture between your fingers to make sure it sticks together. If it doesn’t, add an additional tablespoon of almond milk and process until combined.
- Press crust into a parchment lined bread pan. Set aside.
- Make the cashew butter caramel: In a food processor, blend the cashew butter, dates, almond milk, and sea salt on high speed until smooth and creamy; about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the cashew butter caramel over the crust. Top with blueberries, roasted cashews and coconut flakes, pressing the ingredients into the caramel.
- Chill bars in the freezer for 8 hours. When you’re ready to serve, use a sharp knife and quickly slice through the bars. Once sliced, let the bars thaw for 5 minutes so the blueberries have some time to soften.
- Keep frozen in an airtight container!
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!