This strawberry goat cheese salad is the perfect addition to your next summer BBQ! Topped with an easy homemade green goddess vinaigrette, this salad will be the star of the show!IT’S OFFICIALLY SUMMER!!
I mean, we had 3 days in a row of 90+ temps in Chicago so yea you can say it’s definitely here. And to celebrate, a few friends and I are putting together a virtual summer BBQ with all the goods. We’ve got drinks, apps, mains, sides, and desserts!
Pretty much anything you could ever want. Except maybe being together in real life and actually having a BBQ!
Me? I’m on summer salad duty – both for our virtual BBQ and in real life. I love volunteering to bring a salad to any summer get together for two reasons:
- Ease. Salads are easy to make at home and easy to transport (this is so key). And if necessary, you can throw it together once you get to your destination. Plus there is no oven involved. Easy peasy.
- GREENS. Almost always, summer gatherings are lacking in the greens department. That is why I always volunteer for salad duty – to make sure I get at least one good serving of leafy greens. (Because you know I am having a cocktail and most definitely a cookie cup sundae.)
This strawberry goat cheese salad is my go-to all summer long!
This salad hits all the flavor notes and textures. There is peppery arugula, smooth and creamy goat cheese, sweet and juicy strawberries, crunchy almonds, and silky green goddess vinaigrette.
And it pairs seriously well with all of the other recipes shared below!
Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops with Prosciutto and Asiago by Jess from Plays Well With Butter
Apricot Pistachio Chicken Paillard by Kristen from Wellness By Kristen
Make this Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad for your next BBQ and post a picture on social media! Make sure to use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
For the salad:
- 1 large container arugula
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 pint strawberries, halved
- 1/8 cup slices almonds
For the green goddess vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, combine olive oil, avocado, red wine vinegar, cilantro and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl toss the salad ingredients with the green goddess vinaigrette.
- Bring to your summer BBQ!
Happy Summer – make sure you pin this for your next BBQ!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!