Made with simple pantry staples, these paleo blueberry scones are the perfect treat to celebrate your mom this weekend! Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and fresh blueberries, these scones need to be on your brunch menu!
Mother’s Day is this Sunday and I’ve been racking my brain for the best gift. My mom is hard to shop for – she always has been. And when you ask her what she wants, there is a 95% chance that there is nothing on her wish list… 🙁
In addition to the fact that she is inherently hard to shop for, it is also insane to try and find something that accurately shows my appreciation for her and all that she has done for me.
My sisters and I grew up very lucky; we were raised by two incredibly hard working parents who gave us a safe and loving home. At the time, it was all I knew – all any of us knew – but now that I am older, I can see how rare that is.
Mom was a tower of strength. She stayed at home when we were young, took care of our cuts and bruises, put aloe vera on my sunburned back countless times, and made dinner for us every single night. She was our rock when my older sister was diagnosed with cancer and of course when we lost my dad to brain cancer as well.
She is amazing.
And although I won’t be with her on Mother’s Day, I did bake her a special treat – paleo blueberry scones.
For the scones, I used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour – I LOVE this stuff because it is a mix of almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, and tapioca flour. So instead of stocking all of those items in my pantry, I just stock this mix!
And I have no doubt that you have all the other ingredients as well – salt, baking soda, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and blueberries.
Happy Mother’s Day Mom! There are no words to express how grateful I am that I got YOU as my mom and if I turn out to be half the mom you are someday, I’ll be happy. XOXO
When you make these Paleo Blueberry Scones, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 2 cups paleo baking flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup frozen coconut oil*
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 ounces blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda to the basin of a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add frozen coconut oil - breaking up the sheet into chunks. Pulse until coconut oil chunks are just smaller than the size of a pea.
- Dump mixture unto a bowl and add maple syrup and almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Press mixture into an 8 inch circle on the silpat liner. Cut into 8 equal triangles and separate them on the sheet.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes or until the edges and top are golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Don’t forget to pin this for your Mother’s Day celebration!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!