This super simple NO BAKE Pumpkin Pie is paleo, vegan, gluten free and perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
Because what is Thanksgiving without PIE???
It’s nothing. Thanksgiving is nothing without pie. And mashed potatoes. And stuffing. But most importantly pie. #priorities
The base of this no bake pumpkin pie is a mixture of pecans, almonds, dates, and salt; all blitzed together in the food processor and pressed into a loaf pan. (If you have one of those tart pans with the sides that separate from the bottom, that would be great for this too!)
And the filling is a simple cashew cream sauce that is flavored with pumpkin puree, sweetened with maple syrup, and popped in the freezer to set. You will literally spend a whopping 20 minutes on this entire recipe. I mean, Thanksgiving dessert couldn’t get easier than this!
- My uncle’s GF and DF pumpkin pie.
- My uncle’s traditional gluten and dairy filled pumpkin pie.
- Mom’s GF pumpkin chocolate chip cheesecake.
- This No Bake Pumpkin Pie!
Do you think we have enough?!
I don’t think so. We are approximating a crowd of over 50 people this year – Irish-Catholic families for the win! – so trust me when I tell you there will probably be a dozen pies 🙂
Made this No Bake Pumpkin Pie and post a picture on social media using the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
For the base:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- pinch of salt
- 6 pitted soft dates, soak if not soft
For the filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground and even in texture. It will not come together to form a dough, but if you press it between your fingers, it will hold together.
- Add the mixture to the loaf pan, pressing down firmly to form an even layer. Place in the fridge to set while you are making the filling.
- Make the filling. Drain the cashews and process in the food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Top the base evenly with the filling, smoothing the surface.
- Place in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Run a knife under hot water and cut pumpkin pie into 8 triangles.
- Top with Greek yogurt, whipped cream, or your favorite pie topping!
Pin this to make for Thanksgiving!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!