Made with 5 ingredients, this creamy carrot ginger soup will warm your heart, soul, and belly during the cold winters months. And it’s Whole30 approved too!
It is officially fall here in Chicago and I am 99% sure the cold weather is here to stay. But, I had such an incredible weekend. Did you?!
Pat and I started the weekend with Date Night In on Friday. It has quickly become one of my favorite traditions and I will be telling you more about it on Thursday! Saturday morning was spent in the kitchen making lots of recipes – 4 to be exact. And all of this recipe testing served as my meal prep for the week, which is a total WIN in my book.
We also tried out a new coffee shop and went to dinner with a friend! On Sunday I woke up at 6 AM (thank you daylight savings time), made granola, met a friend and her babe for coffee, and attend a KILLER Ladies Who Lift class at Rockwell Barbell.
Needless to say, by Sunday night I was pooped.
But one of the recipes I meal prepped last week was this soup and it is GOOD. I crave Thai food or Thai flavors at least once a week and put ginger in pretty much everything I can; so it should be no surprise to you that this soup is no exception.
This Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup is a gamechanger:
- 5 ingredients! Yup, that’s it. And no, olive oil, salt, and pepper don’t count. It is simply carrots, onion, ginger, coconut milk, and vegetable stock.
- Made in a blender. I used this one.
- THAT COLOR.
But seriously, look at that color?! I want to dive in head first!
This creamy and delicious carrot ginger soup is also paleo, vegan, and Whole30 approved. There’s no reason not to make it.
Made this Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup and post a picture on social media using the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 inch nub of ginger, peeled
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash carrots and trim. Place on a baking sheet; drizzle with 1½ Tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the carrots roast, saute onions in remaining olive oil until translucent.
- Add onions, roasted carrots, ginger, coconut milk, and stock to a high-powered blender (a Vitamix or Blendtec will work best!). Using the soup setting, blend until the soup is creamy and smooth.
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!