Coconut flour, coconut oil, and coconut butter make these coconut chocolate donuts triple the treat! Naturally sweetened and grain free makes these the perfect Halloween sweet!
Thanks to Artisana Organics for sending product for me to create this recipe. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
Because life is better with donuts. Always.
I’ve never been a crazy donut person. I mean I’ve always liked them, but never really sought them out. My dad was a crazy donut person. Specifically mini donuts. The kind you buy from the fair that come out piping hot and are drowning in cinnamon sugar. Those were the best, and so was he <3
Chicago has an incredible donut scene. Between Stan’s, Do-rite (my personal fave), Glazed and Infused, and Doughnut Vault, there are a lot of options.
But since my Celiac diagnosis (RIP former donut indulging life), I haven’t loved any of the GF donuts I’ve tried.
Instead, I decided to make the best damn paleo donuts possible and these triple coconut chocolate donuts are it!
These beauties were born out of my love for coconut butter – specifically Artisana Organics Coconut Butter.
Coconut butter, for those who don’t know, is very similar to a nut butter, except it’s coconut! It is truly just coconut meat that was in a food processor to the point that it becomes a nut butter consistency.
Also, for those who don’t know, coconut butter tastes like heaven on earth and there is nothing that I want more than a scoop of coconut butter for dessert… or in my smoothies… or in my coffee… or ever. #truelove
And when combined with almond milk and a little maple syrup, it creates the most perfect glaze. HUBBA HUBBA.
The triple coconut in this recipe comes from coconut flour, coconut oil, and of course Artisana Organics coconut butter. But let me tell you a secret. Pat doesn’t like coconut (A sin! I know.) and he de-VOURED these donuts.
So if you’re in the same boat, make sure you give these a try! They are super yummy, made from all real ingredients, and so simple to make!
Take a bite outta that 😉
Looking for more paleo treats? Sign up for my two week clean eating meal plan and TWO exclusive Halloween recipes will be sent to you inbox!
When you make these Triple Coconut Chocolate Donuts post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Artisana Organics coconut butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted and cooled coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and fold together until just combined.
- Spray a donut pan with coconut oil or baking spray. Scoop batter into pan and bake for 7-9 minutes, until the donut springs back when you touch it.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool the rest of the way on a rack.
- Once the donuts are cool. Microwave the coconut butter with 1 Tablespoon almond milk. Stir. Add the remaining tablespoon if the mixture is too thick. Stir in maple syrup and spoon over donuts.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!