Craving an easy breakfast that is delicious AND makes you feel good?! This Whole30 Taco Frittata is perfect for a weekend brunch or meal prep!
It has been WAY too long since I’ve shared a breakfast recipe with you! Technically I shared a blueberry smoothie chia pudding back in July, but I haven’t made you something with eggs since February… and I eat eggs all the time.
On. The. Reg. <— No seriously I do. Have you seen my Instagram?!
I don’t even know who I am anymore.
Eggs are a staple in my diet. After completing my first Whole30 in January, I took a little break from them because I ate an absurd amount during those 30 days. That and the fact that if you follow the AIP diet, eggs are not allowed. Since I have been experimenting with my diet and what works best for me, eggs have come and gone a few times this year.
But they are BACK and I couldn’t be happier.
I undoubtedly could eat Mexican food every day for the rest of my life, and this Whole30 taco frittata satisfied my Mexican craving this past weekend (in addition to the tacos I made for lunch on Saturday and Sunday… see what I mean?)!
But this breakfast, man! This Whole30 taco frittata is my jam. It is filled with LOTS of veggies, starting with a thick layer of sweet potato crust and followed by white onion and green pepper. Add in some seasoned ground turkey and allllll the eggs.
Bake that baby up. We just hit breakfast heaven.
Don’t forget the guac!
When you make this Whole30 Taco Frittata post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 Tablespoon ghee, melted and cooled
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 1½ Tablespoons taco seasoning (make sure there is no sugar!)
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine ghee, sweet potato, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix together until the sweet potato is sweet coated. Pour into a baking dish (deep dish pie plate, 9x9 inch pan) and press into the bottom.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, add 1 teaspoon ghee to large skillet and add pepper and onions. Saute until the onions are translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Bring the pan back up to medium heat and add ground turkey. Cook until no longer pink and add the taco seasoning.
- After 10 minutes, remove sweet potato crust and reduce heat on the oven to 375 degrees F. Add the peppers, onions, and ground turkey to the baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and pour over the mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is cooked through and no longer jiggles.
Looking for other Whole30 recipes? Find them HERE.
Make sure you pin this for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!