This simple and flavor packed Whole30 green curry dish is loaded with veggies and is sure to please the whole family!
Good gracious, my belly is very happy right now. And it has been all week because I have been feasting on THIS >>> Whole30 Thai Green Curry.
Come to mama.
Ordering take out is quite possibly one of my favorite things. It almost always happens on Sunday nights, when I’m settled in to the couch for some serious Netflix and chill.
Oh and it almost always comes from Ping Pong – a fabulous restaurant serving Chinese, Thai, and Asian cuisine. But now that this whole “I have Celiac’s” thing happened, ordering take out is a little more difficult and potentially dangerous.
Luckily, Thai curry is safe. And it has quickly become my go-to order on Sunday nights.
BUT let me tell you, this little Sunday night habit of mine has become expensive. So I figured, what the heck – I can make this at home!
And YOU can too. Trust me. This recipe couldn’t be easier.
Let’s make some Whole30 Green Curry!
Here’s how we do it:
- Grab your protein of choice. I used chicken, but shrimp would be awesome here too.
- Get lots of veggies. I went pretty traditional with bell peppers and bamboo sprouts; but next time I’m doing broccoli and sweet potato.
- Throw that shiz in a pot. (There are a few more steps than this; but that is basically it.)
And don’t forget the secret ingredient – COCONUT BUTTER.
Ohhhhh man, I have been feeling the coconut butter lately. To be honest, I usually just eat it straight off the spoon for dessert; but it added a nice creaminess to this curry that you are going to love.
When you make this Whole30 Green Curry post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 14.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips*
- 1 5 ounce can bamboo shoots, drained
- Handful of green beans, trimmed*
- ¼ cup Thai basil, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- To serve: limes, cauliflower rice, Thai basil, and cilantro
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add the coconut oil and then the chicken. Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add shallots. Cook for 1 minute, until translucent. Add curry paste and cook for an additional 2 minutes. If there are any brown bits stuck to the pan, add about ¼ cup of coconut milk and scrape down the pan. Add remaining coconut milk and coconut butter and bring to a low boil.
- Add bell pepper, bamboo shoots, green beans, and chicken. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in Thai basil and cilantro.
- Serve over cauliflower rice; top with fresh lime juice, Thai basil and cilantro.
Pin this and save it for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!