These paleo pumpkin cookies are perfect for fall and are allergy friendly! Made with almond and coconut flour, seasoned with pumpkin spice, and stuffed with chocolate chips – they are a cookie that everyone will love!
Do you remember that glorious fall weather that we had a few weeks ago? And it was cool and lovely and everyone was like GIMME ALL THE PUMPKIN SPICE??
Yea me too.
Well I’ve got the pumpkin spice for you; but the high in Chicago is 82 today and I’m 99% sure that Mother Nature forgot that summer is OUT and pumpkin spice is IN.
I’m a firm believer in eating pumpkin all year round; but these paleo pumpkin cookies are my first official pumpkin recipe of the season!
Are you ready?? I thought so.
These cookies are made with almond flour; almond flour has a higher fat content than regular AP flour and with the addition of pumpkin, these cookies end up being extra moist. <<< I know, I’m sorry. But moist is the best way to describe them. And dense. Dense is probably a better word.
These cookies are dense.
Oh well. Now you know these beauties are moist and dense. Appetizing right?!
Because of this, I made them small. These are two-bite cookies my friends; but I promise you will want more than two – so let’s say four bites. Maaaaaybe 6.
With only 10 minutes of prep and 12 minutes in the oven, these are the perfect fall treat to whip up on a weeknight. And let me tell you, they are 100% BEST eaten straight out of the oven. As the cookies sit overnight, the crispy edges will soften and the cookie will become pretty gooey. Personally, I love cookies that way; but if you don’t, try freezing the dough (after you scoop it!) and then bake them as you are ready to eat them – adding 2 or 3 extra minutes to your baking time!
Tomorrow Pat and I are jumping on a plane and are heading to California! We will be spending a few days in San Francisco before heading up to Napa for the weekend. Make sure you follow along on my Instagram to see all the yummy gluten free foods I will be eating!
Made these Paleo Pumpkin Cookies and post a picture on social media using the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted coconut oil, pumpkin, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- These cookies can be baking in two sizes. For small cookies, use a small scoop and scoop the dough onto silpat lined cookie sheet. This should yield approximately 20 cookies (two bites each!). Top with flaked sea salt and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- For large cookies, divide dough into 10 equal portions. Form each section into a ball and flatten with your fingers. Top with flaked sea salt and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Pin this for later!