When you can’t choose between drinks and dessert, reach for Raw Margarita Cheesecake Bars! They are gluten free, dairy free, and (almost) guilt free!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!! This could quite possibly be my favorite holiday of ALL TIME.
Yes, you heard me right. All time. I mean, what is better than margaritas, tacos, and guacamole? Nothing. And that’s why Cinco de Mayo is ma fave. Last year for Cinco de Mayo, I had tacos every single day that week.
Some people might think that’s a little crazy, but I could honestly eat tacos every day for a month and be totally okay with it. Feel free to judge, I don’t care. #allthetacos #allthetime
As much as I love my margaritas (on the rocks with salt please), I always want something sweet after dinner. And I tryyyyy to not indulge in both, but it’s hard sometimes. That’s why today’s recipe is perfect.
When you don’t want to choose between drinks and dessert, reach for these Raw Margarita Cheesecake Bars.
So you probably figured this out, but to be clear… YES, these bars do contain tequila and a little cointreau too – just like I like my margs. The entire recipe makes 16 bars and only calls for 1 shot of tequila and half a shot of cointreau. But let me tell you, you can taste it furreal and I’m v v into it.
The tequila is obviously my favorite part of this recipe, but I also love that these bars are:
- No-bake and totally raw
- Gluten free (obvs!) #celiac
- Grain free
- Dairy free
- #alltheallergies free
It’s crazy how many food allergies there are these days and how quickly my diet has changed since being diagnosed with Celiac disease. I know the struggle that people with food allergies encounter everyday and I am here to help you create simple and flavorful allergy friendly recipes!
Let me know (in the comments or send me an email!) if there are any recipes that you would like me to make allergy friendly!
For more margarita-themed recipes, be sure to check out Hola Jalapeño’s blog!
How are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo?
Make these Raw Margarita Cheesecake Bars, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 pitted soft dates, soak if not soft
- 1¼ cup raw cashews, soaked
- ⅓ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ ounces tequila
- ¾ ounce cointreau
- 2 pitted dates
- pinch of salt
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Prepare your container. I used an 8 in x 8 in pan lined with parchment paper. This will help remove the bars at the end.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground and even in texture. It will not come together to form a dough, but if you press it between your fingers, it will hold together.
- Add the crust mixture to the pan, pressing down firmly to form an even layer. Place in the fridge to set while you are making the filling.
- Make the filling. Drain the cashews and process in the food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Top the crust evenly with the filling, smoothing the surface.
- Place in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Lift the parchment to remove the bars from the pan, cut into 16 even triangles, and store in airtight container in the freezer.
- Remove from freezer right before serving.
Don’t forget to pin these for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!