A simple roasted delicata squash with goat cheese and pomegranate combines the sweet caramelized squash with the creamy goat cheese for a perfect fall dish!
Happy Tuesday friends! How was everyone’s weekend? Yesterday was kind of a blur (I’m still getting back into my routine after 4 weeks of nonstop travel), so today feels like a Monday to me. Let’s do this!
My weekend was dreamy; Pat and I were in Minnesota for a wedding. We caught up with lots of friends, had a wonderful brunch with family, and even had time to ourselves. We drove home through Wisconsin and it was gorgeous – absolutely stunning. The trees are turning and all the fall colors are out and it felt just so good. I don’t know if I was on a high from the wedding, or the colors of the trees, or finally being home in Chicago, but Sunday was a good day.
Second to the turning colors and falling leaves, and maybe sweater weather (because I’m basic, remember?) squash is my favorite aspect of fall. I addition to the health benefits that squash provides, these are my top 3 reasons why I love squash:
- When you roast delicata squash, the edges will brown and caramelize. And the caramelization combined with goat cheese is the perfect combo of sweet and savory.
- You can save the seeds and roast them with some spices for an easy snack. This is a great tutorial from the kitchn.
- They make the cutest decorations.
Plus, this roasted delicata squash with goat cheese and pomegranates could not be easier. Roast squash. Crumble goat cheese. Eat. Be happy.
What is your favorite squash recipe?
If you make this delicata squash with goat cheese or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 2 delicata squash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the squash. Cut lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into approximately ⅓ in thick slices.*
- Place squash on two baking sheets. Top each with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Top roasted squash with crumbled goat cheese and pomegranate seeds.
Should have added more goat cheese.
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!