Nothing says football like snacks; these bite size buffalo chicken meatballs will bring the HEAT. All you need is a sprinkle of goat cheese and a cold drink!
This past weekend was the kickoff to football season! And while the Bears surprised everyone with an incredible first half, Jay Cutler threw an (all too well known) interception to start the second and it went downhill from there.
But I’m gonna be honest with you for a hot sec. Is that cool? I feel like we’re at a point in our relationship where I can just tell it like it is and you can nod your head in agreement, send me the fist-bump emoji, or even disagree I guess. It’s up to you.
Here goes… my favorite part of football season is the snacks. I mean, right?! Not an earth-shattering statement and one that I think many of you can agree with. And to be honest, I do really enjoy watching football; I just enjoy it more when I have a lot of snacks and a cold adult beverage.
Buffalo wings are a pretty classic football watching food. Why is that? Probably because you can eat them with one hand and have a beer in the other. Well that’s my guess anyway. Personally, I am not a huge wing person. I think they are a lot of work to eat and I’d rather have something I could pick up with a toothpick and eat in one or two bites. Meatballs are the perfect solution.
How amazing do these look?! Ahhh they were beyond easy to make and were gobbled up in just a few minutes. After some browning on the stovetop in an oven-safe skillet (I adore my cast iron skillet for this), the entire thing went into the oven to finish cooking.
What is your favorite gameday snack?
If you’re looking for other football worthy foods, I highly suggest baked sweet potato fries, everything bagel hummus, or check out this post from Jessica of How Sweet Eats for her epic list of football party food!
If you make buffalo chicken meatballs or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Begin heating an oven-safe skillet on the stove over medium high. (I like to use my 12 inch cast iron for this.)
- Place the chicken, egg, panko, buffalo sauce, and almost all of your green onions in a bowl. Using a spoon, stir to combine all of your ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 24 meatballs. Tip: keeping your hands wet will help the chicken from sticking.
- Once it is hot, add a little oil to the skillet. Then add half of the meatballs. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Remove from the pan.
- Brown the rest of the meatballs. Add the first half back into the skillet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with more buffalo sauce, crumbled goat cheese, and the rest of your green onions.
That goat cheese though.
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!