- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple, shredded
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray muffin tin with coconut oil or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. Add apple and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients together. Add wet to dry and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from tin and onto cooling rack.
A reader has success turning these into lactation muffins! Add 1/2 cup oats, 2 scoops (~1/4 cup) brewers yeast, 1/4 cup flax meal, increased the applesauce to 3/4 cup and add ~1/4 cup almond milk.