All the flavors of an everything bagel – garlic, onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and salt – packed into this bowl of hummus.
So I was talking with one of my coworkers (Hi Kristine!) the other morning as she was enjoying Stan’s Donuts. After asking what kind of donut she bought, she told me she got an everything bagel… not a donut, to which I reacted:
- A bagel?! I didn’t even know they made bagels! Note: Clearly I have blinders on when I go in there because all I ever see is their cinnamon sugar pretzel donut.
- Wow – what self control! I don’t have the self control to buy a bagel from Stan’s when there donuts available. See note in #1.
- I LOVE everything bagels.
I have yet to try Stan’s everything bagel, but I decided that is wasn’t the bagel itself I was missing, just the spices. So I tweaked my classic hummus recipe to incorporate those flavors and BOOM, everything bagel hummus was born.
I mean, look at all that flavor! All you need is pita chips or veggies and you’re ready to dig in!
You won’t even miss eating bagels after you make this Everything Bagel Hummus! Well, you might but make sure to tell me what you think by posting on social media and using the hashtag #imhungrybynature!
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil (I love Trader Joe's version!)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Place garbanzo beans, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse until broken down, scraping the sides as needed.
- Stream olive oil and toasted sesame oil into the food processor as it is running and process until it reaches your desired consistency. Place hummus in a bowl and drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced onion, garlic and salt. Top hummus with spice mixture and serve with pita chips!
It’s just waiting for that perfect first scoop.