To say I make these muffins on the reg is an understatement. I almost always have overripe bananas on my counter; and when I don’t, I have a few hidden away in my freezer for dire, I. Need. Muffins. NOW. situations.
These guys come together with a few simple ingredients for the perfect breakfast or a healthy mid-afternoon snack! Plus they are only 167 calories each – including the chocolate chips. So eat two for good measure!
You probably have all of these things already in your kitchen… Mashed bananas. Rolled oats ground to a flour – GF if you’re into that! Baking powder, soda, and cinnamon. Eggs. Greek yogurt. Vanilla. Chocolate chips (duh!).
Start to finish this recipe will only take you 25 minutes. Well then you will probably need to wait 5 more minutes if you don’t want to burn the daylights out of your mouth and actually taste these things. So let’s say 30 minutes to be safe.
And let me tell you, these babes hot out of the oven are deeeeeevine. So wait the extra 5 minutes. Your taste buds will thank you.
If you make any of my recipes and post on social media, use the hashtag #imhungrybynature so I can check it out! And don’t forget to follow Hungry by Nature:
- 2½ cups rolled oats, ground to a flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Process oats until they reach a flour consistency. Add baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mash ripe bananas. Add eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Divide batter between 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.