This 2-Ingredient Paleo Caramel Sauce comes together in 5 minutes and will make your all of your fall caramel apple dreams come true!
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted*
- 3–4 Tablespoons almond milk (I prefer Califia Farms.)
- Place the dates in the basin of your food processor. Pulse until a paste begins to form.
- Scrape down the sides and continue processing, streaming in 1 Tablespoon of almond milk at a time.
- Continue adding almond milk until the caramel reaches your desired consistency. I used the full 4 Tablespoons and processed for a full 5 minutes.
*I use medjool dates from Costco and they are incredibly soft. It is imperative that your dates are soft in order for the date paste to form. If your dates are dried out and somewhat hard, soak them in hot water to reconstitute them. You can even use the water in which you soak the dates in place of the almond milk.
Keywords: caramel, condiment, dates