Happy Tuesday friends! I have an incredible Cinco de Mayo recipe coming to you on Friday and since today is already the second day of May, I wanted to share everything I have loved during April.
If you follow me at all, you know that I have at least one Healthy Human with me at all times. Most often it is my stein, but I’ve been making iced coffee and bringing with me to work in my cruiser! These are seriously the best – they keep liquids cold for 24 hours and hot for 12. I took mine for a long walk along the lake on Easter weekend.
I purchased a Gilt City offer for a month membership to Crosstown Fitness and it has been awesome. CTF offers 50 minute group fitness classes that combine endurance and strength training. Each class is totally different and you have no idea what you will be doing when you walk through the door. What you DO know is that you will get a killer workout every time.
Pat and I hosted Easter brunch at our house and we had a feast! My in-laws brought fresh fruit and gluten free chocolate chip banana bread. I made a prosciutto, asparagus and goat cheese frittata topped with LOTS of arugula. There was obvs bacon. And we served coffee, mimosas and Bloody Mary’s!
This was my favorite recipe I posted all month! And you guys went crazy for them too 🙂 They were just perfectly pink and square and totally raw and completely adorable. Oh and I made them in an ice cube tray – win!
Favorite Things I…
- TV Show // The Americans. Words cannot describe my love for this show – it’s in my top 5 of all time! Every season gets better and better. Just go watch it.
- Documentary // Jiro Dreams of Sushi on Netflix. If you have Netflix, go home and watch this documentary tonight. Jiro is a phenomenal sushi chef with a Michelin three-star restaurant located in a Tokyo train station. What I found to be so inspiring is Jiro’s constant strive to be better. He shows up to work every day with the intent to improve and perfect his craft. And I loved it!
- Book // Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. This book is GOOD. I literally read the entire thing in two days. It’s a thriller and I love thrillers… and that’s probably part of the reason I finished it so fast – I just want to know what happens, ok?! Oh and it’s also set in Chicago. I looooove reading books set in Chicago because I feel like I can actually picture where everything is taking place.
- Blog // You Do You from Erin’s Inside Job. I love reading Erin’s blog and following her on Instagram for many reasons. But my favorite thing about Erin is that she without a doubt will always say what’s on her mind and tell it like it is. In a world where everyone is posting where they went, what they ate, how much fun they had to social media, it’s easy to compare yourself to others and get caught up in what others are doing. In this post, she stresses YOU DO YOU. ‘Today, think about who you are. What you value. What makes you happy in life.’ Do that.
- Artist // Trace. We first discovered Trace through Vinyl Me Please (seriously the BEST place to find new music) and can’t stop listening.
- Podcast // How to Create Your Own Business with Dana Harrison on the Blissful Bites Podcast. I have a serious girl crush on Dana. And it was SO COOL to hear how she created her business out of nothing. For a quick recap: she noticed a need in the fire fighter community (when they came to put out a fire at her apartment building and had no food to fuel them!) and literally decided that she was going to create nutrition education programs for them. How amazing?!
Happy May friends!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.