A sun dried tomato crusted chicken sheet pan dinner made easy with a cracker crust and fresh green beans – simple, healthy, and on your table in 30 minutes!
You know it’s a home run recipe when both people eat in complete silence except for the occasional ‘mmmm…’ Either that or we were just WAY too hungry to slow down. But honestly, this is a home run recipe.
I love when I’m recipe testing and the dish turns out so good that I feel the need to share it on the blog immediately. That is exactly what happened on Saturday! As soon as this sun dried tomato crusted chicken came out of the oven, I knew we were in for a treat.
The chicken requires only a few ingredients:
You don’t have to use Simple Mills crackers for the breading but I highly recommend it. I first discovered Simple Mills last November and have been hooked ever since. In addition to the fact that they are a local Chicago-based company, their ingredients are on point. These crackers include a Nut and Seed Flour Blend (Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Flax), Tapioca, Cassava, Organic Sunflower Oil, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Organic Onion, Organic Basil, Organic Garlic, Sea Salt, Organic Oregano, Organic Pepper, Rosemary Extract (For Freshness).
Are you kidding me?! So simple, so clean, and so good.
So while you don’t need to use Simple Mills crackers, just do yourself a favor and do it.
In addition to the crackers, you will need some fresh green beans, olive oil, and salt and pepper to finish this sheet pan dinner.
I love love love green beans. I remember being a kid and picking green beans from my mom’s garden for dinner in the summer. I’m pretty sure for every 3 beans that went towards dinner, another one went straight into my mouth. And I would do that all summer long.
My mom would normally steam them but I love a quick roast in the oven; it keeps them crisp and fresh!
This entire meal – start to finish – will be on your table in 30 minutes. It is the perfect weeknight dinner or weekend lunch AND it only uses one pan. Let’s get cooking!
What kind of sheet pan dinner do YOU want to see next? Tell me in the comments below!
Make this Sun Dried Tomato Crusted Chicken, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 pound chicken breasts, extra fat trimmed and patted dry
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sun dried tomato crackers
- ⅛ cup almond flour
- ½ pound green beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a bowl, beat two eggs.
- In the bowl of a food processor grind the crackers until almost flour-like consistency.
- Add the cracker crumbs and the almond flour to a separate bowl; mix together.
- Dip chicken breast in egg and then in cracker mixture, covering completely and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, wash and trim the green beans.
- After 15 minutes, add the green beans to the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.