February totally flew by, I cannot even believe it is already March 3rd! March is a pretty crazy month for me – Pat and I are headed to Seattle for a long weekend to visit a few friends. I have a work trip to Houston planned – please send your recommendations for good food/drinks/sights/gyms/anything my way! Mid-March is St. Patrick’s Day… and being an O’Brien AND living in Chicago, St. Patrick’s Day is kind of a real big deal. And then I have the normal stuff – work stuff, life stuff, blog stuff.
But enough about March, here is everything I have been loving this February.
I first discovered Wella Bars in Costco over a year ago and immediately became obsessed with them. Wella Bars are organic protein bars that are gluten-free, soy-free, contain no-GMOs, and are just really freaking good. I love them so much that I reached out to them wanting to get involved and help them spread the word about their bars. And now I am the first official Wella Bar Ambassador! Seriously, if you haven’t tried these, you must. If you want to know any more information about the bars, or the company, or the ingredients, just comment below or send me an email, or DM me on Instagram.
Essential Oil Diffuser
I’ve been thinking about getting an essential oil diffuser for a while and finally pulled the trigger. I ended up purchasing this one on Amazon as well as a set of aromatherapy essential oils. So far, my favorite is lemongrass. It does a wonderful job of cleansing the air of that nasty brussels sprouts smell. And I’ve been using the lavender in our bedroom to help us fall asleep at night.
I was so sad to see my time at Body R+D come to an end. I bought a Gilt City offer for 5 of their pilates classes and used my last one in early February. Body R+D is a pilates megaformer studio in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago. This was my first time going to a megaformer class and I absolutely loved it. Pilates is such a different workout than I am used to and it felt great to challenge my body in a new way (and it was seriously SUCH a challenge). I will probably go back to it at some point; but the classes are expensive and it’s just too much on top of my normal gym membership.
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I heard such wonderful things about Monique’s recipe for ‘The Best Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies’ that I knew I had to make them. Oh. My. Gosh. These cookies are incredible! Seriously. I made them twice in two weeks. They are thick and chewy and cakey and just so good.
Go make them immediately.
Golden Mylk Latte from Oromo Cafe
I can’t even explain my love for this latte. Oromo Cafe is a relatively new coffee shop in the Lincoln Square neighborhood. It has an amazing vibe, tons of gluten free and vegan treats, and an amazing golden mylk latte.
Favorite Things I…
- Documentary // Cooked – Pat and I actually watched this in January, but I forgot to share it with you and loved it so much! Cooked is a four part documentary by Michael Pollan that looks at the evolution of food through four lenses – fire, water, air, and earth. Each part is compelling on its own; but in total, it is an eye-opening look at the human connection to the ingredients and techniques we use each day to provide ourselves with food.
- Movie // Sausage Party – Such a silly adult cartoon that is so clever I couldn’t stop laughing! Sometimes dumb humor is really all I need.
- Book // The Autoimmune Solution – I’ve been doing a lot of reading surrounding autoimmune diseases and how diet (specifically a paleo-diet) and lifestyle can make a huge difference. This book was by far the best thing I have read on the subject. And I’m still tossing around the idea of going completely paleo to see if my Raynaud’s symptoms will improve.
- Blog // 10 Ways to Practice Self Love by The Balanced Berry – I loved (pun intended!) this read about self love. Self love is so important and I think that Les hits on some great ways to be kinder to ourselves. My favorite is #10 – recognize and embrace your weirdness.
- “Don’t rush your success with Laura Clark” on the Blissful Bites Podcast. There is so much focus today on go-go-go. On your side hustle. On niching down to grow fast. It was great to hear Laura’s thoughts on the subject and to be reassured that slow growth is okay too.
- Lapsley’s Long Way Home – I shared one of Lapsley’s songs in Lyrics & Libations but her entire album is fabulous. Please, please give it a listen.
Happy Friday friends and Happy March!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.