Homemade 4-ingredient vanilla walnut protein bars are the perfect pre-workout snack to give you a boost of energy without filling you up or weighing you down.
I’ve tried for a long time to find a protein powder that I like. One that isn’t too chalky, or too sweet, and one that actually absorbs well. It’s also important that my protein powder can be easily incorporated into recipes – smoothies, energy bites, and protein bars.
Actually, that is MOST important for me. I’m not big on drinking protein shakes; but I love adding protein powder into my pre and post-workout snacks to give me an extra boost.
After a lot of searching, I have found the one – Nuzest. Yes, Nuzest is the one and we are in a very serious and committed relationship. Sorry everyone, I’m taken.
Nuzest’s Clean Lean Protein is a European Golden Pea-based protein. This protein powder is low in carbs, which makes it really easy for your body to digest – leaving you fuller for longer. Clean Lean Protein is also completely allergen free (!!) – no lactose, gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, or GMOs. Oh and it’s vegan and paleo-friendly too.
So literally everyone wins!
Plus it is your lucky day because Nuzest is hosting a giveaway where you can win two tubs of protein and a shaker – make sure to enter!
So let’s talk about my favorite way to add a little extra protein boost into my diet – bars, bites, and balls. Duh!
Here is what you need for these 4-ingredient vanilla walnut protein bars:
- Dates – pitted and soaked, if necessary
- Walnuts – cashews would be great sub if you aren’t a walnut fan!
- Coconut – shredded and unsweetened
- Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
These seriously couldn’t be easier. Everything gets blitzed in the food processor, pressed into a bread pan, chilled, and cut. That’s it. Seriously. The hardest part is waiting for 30 minutes while the bars chill before you cut them.
And if you don’t win the Nuzest giveaway, use the code ‘HUNGRYBYNATURE15’ to get 15% off your order and free shipping!
Tell me: What’s your favorite way to use protein powder?
Make these 4-ingredient vanilla walnut protein bars, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 cup dates, packed and soaked if necessary
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 scoops Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- If your dates are pretty firm, soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften. Add dates to the bowl of your food processor and pulse 5 or 6 times to break down.
- Add the walnuts, protein powder, and coconut. Process until fully combined and ingredients come together and form a 'dough'.
- Line a 8x4 inch bread pan with parchment paper. Add 'dough' to pan and using your fingers, or the bottom of a glass, press the dough into the pan evenly.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 equal squares.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.