Made in your slow cooker, candied mixed nuts are a simple and sweet homemade gift to give this holiday season!
I am a 100% believer in handmade Christmas gifts. A few years ago, I made huge batch of vanilla bourbon extract, packaged it in adorable brown bottles, and gifted them out to all of my coworkers and friends. Last year was cookies… lots and lots and lots of cookies. And this year is candied mixed nuts!
Pat and I threw a holiday party over the weekend – you might have seen some of the details on my Insta stories – and these cute bags of candied nuts were sent home with all of our guests as a treat to enjoy the next day!
Let’s talk about why these candied mixed nuts are amazing.
- This recipe can is made your slow cooker. The slow cooker I have is no longer available; but this is the improved version of mine and I hear it is wonderful!
- Change up the nuts! Do you have someone with an allergy to pecans or just hate walnuts? No fear – swap the nuts in an out as you would like. Just make sure to keep the same overall amount.
- Oh and they taste amazing. I’m embarrassed to tell you how many I ate as I was packaging these; let’s just pretend that it was zero, but I can assure you it was not.
These Candied Mixed Nuts are an easy way to make homemade Christmas gifts for a crowd! If you make these or any of my other recipes, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
P.S. Thanks so those who started following me on Twitter!
P.P.S. I am still in need of someone to teach me how to use it… please advise :/
- 4 cups pecans
- 4 cups almonds
- 4 cups walnuts
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- Liberally spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and vanilla together until it becomes a little frothy. Add all of the nuts and stir until the nuts are coated with egg white mixture.
- Place nuts to slow cooker and add sugar mixture, stirring to combine.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- When there is 20 minutes left, add water - this will help give the candied nuts a glossy finish.
- Cool nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Package in miniature cellophane bags and gift to your friends!
What is your favorite homemade Christmas gift?