A pre-workout protein and energy boost – Peanut Butter Protein Bliss Bites require 6 ingredients, are easy to make, and can double as a healthy dessert!
I’m sure at this point in our relationship, it comes at no surprise to you that I am snack obsessed. Energy bite obsessed. Ball obsessed. If this is surprising to you… hi! I’m Ellie and I love snacks, as evidenced here, here, here, and here.
I always have some kind of energy bite in my fridge; they are my favorite pre-workout snack.
I’m a morning gym person. And if I don’t get there before work, I won’t get there at all. But, I also can’t eat a big breakfast before I workout. In fact, I can barely eat anything wtihout my stomach being wrecked. So, I’ll eat one of these peanut butter protein bliss bites before I head to the gym and it’s just the amount of food and energy that I need to get through my workout.
But I highly suggest giving these a try.
Do you like to workout in the morning? What is your favorite pre-workout snack?
If you make these peanut butter protein bliss bites or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup flax meal
- 1 packet Aloha vanilla protein powder (1.3 ounces - approximately ¼ cup)
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- Add oats to the food processor. Pulse a few times to break down the oats. There can still be some large pieces; you do not need to make this into oat flour.
- Add the rest of your ingredient to the food processor and process until a dough forms. You will need to scrape down the sides as you're processing.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to set. Store in the fridge.
Ball so hard. That sh*t cray. <—– Also for those you don’t know, I’m Kanye obsessed.