Almond flour apple crisp is warm and comforting with the wonderful flavors of fall – only made better by the perfect portion for you and your bestie!
Is there anything better than dessert for two? I often times make desserts large enough for only two people out of necessity. I know myself, and I know that I have a monster sweet tooth. If you need evidence… here you go. AND if I make dessert, let’s say for 10, then I (hi! yep, me!) will end up eating it all myself.
I have very little self control when it comes to sweets.
I’m also that person that says they ‘don’t want dessert’ but I’ll have ‘just a bite’ of Pat’s… to which he rolls his eyes because inevitably, I will end up eating most of it. Yup, I’m that girl.
Are you that way too? Hi! Did we just become best friends?!
There are so many things that I adore about this apple crisp, in addition to it being the perfect size to share!
- Gluten Free – Just make sure you use gluten free oats!
- Refined Sugar Free – This is sweetened simply by the Honeycrisp apples and a little coconut sugar.
- Vegan – Assuming you don’t top it with ice cream. But if you want to keep the recipe vegan AND top it with ice cream, I highly suggest this recipe. I topped mine with Halo Top and holy moly that stuff is GOOD. How the heck is there only 240 calories in a whole pint?!
Are you going apple picking this year? What is your favorite kind of apple to bake with?
If you make this Almond Flour Apple Crisp or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 2 Honeycrisp apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice concentrate
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- ⅓ cup gluten free oats
- 3 Tablespoons almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the apples and use a spiralizer to slice them very thin. Toss with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine ½ teaspoon cinnamon and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir until a crumble begins to form. You might need to use your fingers.
- Spray a 6 inch baking dish with coconut oil. Add apples. Top with crumble.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until bubbling.
- Top with ice cream and enjoy.
That crumble, though.