These cajun salmon tacos take spiced, skewered, and grilled salmon combined with guacamole and donut peaches to create the ultimate summer dinner!
Ewwwww. Sorry. I hate the word or term ‘bae’, but it is just so appropriate here. These tacos truly do come before anything else.
The star of these tacos is the salmon, and more specifically, the spice rub on the salmon. It is a blend of cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper; I just refer to it as my Cajun blend. At least once a month, Pat asked for Cajun salmon for dinner. I am always happy to oblige, but normally I would bake the salmon in the oven. For the tacos, I opted for the grill because it’s still hot as Hades here in Chicago and I am doing everything I can to keep my oven off.
Plus, cooking salmon on the grill couldn’t be easier (especially when I’m not the one doing the work!) – literally you just have to brush the grates with oil to prevent the salmon from sticking and then grill 4 to 5 minutes on either side! But, the one thing to remember if you are using wooden skewers is to soak them for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill. And I like using two skewers to help keep the salmon in place while cooking.
I mean… just look at that salmon – are you seeing all the wonderful charred bits from the grill? And the perfect flake of the salmon??
Ok ok ok, I do need to tell you… the salmon is wonderful, yes. But it’s the extras that really put these tacos over the edge. The guac? Obvs. The donut peaches? Duh. And the cilantro. The cilantro just seals the deal.
Oh and did I mention that this is a super easy, really quick, and a totally amazing weeknight dinner? Yup you can get this on your table in under 30 minutes. I recommended it for Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday. Or both!
Go get your grill on with these Cajun Salmon Tacos!! If you make these or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 yellow donut peach
- If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes. Heat grill to medium.
- Combine all the spices in a bowl and toss over cubed salmon. Using two sets of skewers, skewer salmon cubes.
- Using tongs, wipe an oiled paper towel over the grates of the grill to prevent the salmon from sticking. Place skewers on the grill (medium direct heat) and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare your other ingredients. Wrap corn tortillas in a foil packet. Slice the peach. Make your guacamole.
- When the salmon is done, place the foil packet of tortillas on the grill and close the lid. It should only take a minute or two to warm the tortillas and make them pliable.
- Remove the salmon from the skewers, assembly your tacos, and enjoy!
Tacos for president.