Breaded and oven baked, these baked zucchini chips taste like they’re fried; and with a nice crisp, they are a great alternative to a bag of potato chips!
I’m headed back to Chicago today after a long weekend in Lake Geneva with Pat’s family. We spent four days together, rented a big house, went out for dinner at a traditional Wisconsin supperclub, ate with views of the water, cooled off with Summer Shandys and Spotted Cow, had ice cream every day, grilled burgers and brats, played cards, and had the most wonderful time!
The temperature reached 95 degrees on our first two days and the jet index was over 100… As I am sure you know, we are currently in a heat dome; and I’m doing everything I can to not turn on the oven. (See the above statements regarding eating at restaurants and grilling.) It is seriously just too hot!
But before we left the city, there was a little reprieve from the heat, which was helped by our AC; and it had cooled down enough to make these baked zucchini chips with lemon yogurt sauce.
Let’s start with the sauce because that’s really where all the magic is. I mean the secret’s in the sauce is a thing, right? And it couldn’t be any easier – Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper… One note about the garlic: mine was from the farmers market and was HUGE, so I only used one clove. If yours is a pretty standard super market size and you like garlic, I’d definitely double up.
And the zucchini chips are just as simple – slicing, a little olive oil, some simple breading and you’re ready for the oven!
I can’t stop (won’t stop!) with these Baked Zucchini Chips with Lemon Yogurt Sauce! If you make these or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 2 large zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ⅓ cup panko
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini into ¼ inch thick rounds. Place rounds on a paper towel, cover with another towel and press to remove water.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with olive oil.
- In another bowl, combine panko, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Dip the zucchini rounds into the panko mixture to cover all sides. Place on a prepared baking sheet (I used coconut oil cooking spray).
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- As the chips are baking, make the lemon yogurt sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- When the chips are golden brown and crispy, remove from the oven and enjoy!
Aaaand now I’m hungry for a snack.