Store bought pie crust and stone fruit from the farmers market make this peach galette a super simple and stunning summer dessert!
Can you get hungover from too much sun? As I’m writing this (it’s Monday morning), I feel like I drank waaaay too much last night, when in fact I had a single tequila old fashioned (recipe coming soon!) around noon and a glass of wine last night. Oh and plenty to eat so I should definitely not be feeling this way.
I think it’s just the sun, and the people, and all the excitement from Pride that has me totally worn out today. One million people came out to enjoy the parade on Sunday and my neighborhood was covered in spectators. Luckily, we had an overhead view from our balcony and were able to enjoy the festivities from above. It was a completely ideal – view of the parade in the shade, with access to a real bathroom, food and drinks on hand, no crazy drunk people stumbling into us, and no accidental glitter situations, which trust me – we saw plenty.
So I’m going to keep this short and sweet today because that is exactly what you can expect from this peach galette and that’s about all I can handle today with this headache.
- Short because we’re using a store bought pie crust (gasp!). Yes, store bought because it’s summer and nobody has time to make crust from scratch.
- Sweet because it’s finally peach season and these babes are juicy!
I’ve been loving galettes lately because they are so so simple. Baking a pie is way more intimidating to me even though the steps involved are practically identical. But because galettes are more rustic looking, I feel less stressed about making it look pretty. You know? And my pies never turn out quite as pretty as I would like – except, this one.
Now it’s your turn: Have you made a galette before? What filling should I try next?
When you make this Peach Galette, please let me know! And don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
- 4 small peaches
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 premade pie crust*
- 1 egg
- Splash of almondmilk, I prefer Califia Farms
- Turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice peaches and place in a bowl. Add sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper and roll out premade pie crust.
- Scoop peach mixture on the center of the crust leaving liquids in the bowl, and leaving a 2 inch border. Arrange peach slices in a fancy design or leave as is for a more rustic look.
- Moving your way around the crust, fold over the extra 2 inches.
- Make your egg wash by mixing the egg with a splash of milk. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the peach mixture is bubbly.
The dessert of summer.